In 2000, the enterprise DITTON acquired interest in the plant, after that in 2002, the plant was renamed into Joint-Stock Company DITTON Driving Chain Factory (in Latvian - DITTON pievadķēžu rūpnīca).
2011 – 2015, there was carried out reconstruction of the premises and were purchased thermal equipment, presses, lathes and grinding equipment.
In 2015, JSC DITTON Driving Chain Factory completed the project “Construction of industry premises in the free industrial area of JSC DITTON Driving Chain Factory” (agreement No L-IZI-14-0003) in collaboration with Investment and Development Agency of Latvia in the frame of the indicative activity 220.127.116.11.2.”Co-financing to the investments for construction and reconstruction of industrial premises” of the operational program “Entrepreneurship and innovations”. There were build new industry premises for the manufacturing industry in the free industrial area of 30,371 sqm.
In 2015, the factory joined EMEA Power Transmission Distributors Association (EPTDA) and, in 2018, BearingNet - the world’s largest Bearing and Power Transmission inquiry system and information service for manufacturers and distributors.
Nowadays JSC DITTON Driving Chain Factory works in two main directions:
- Design and manufacture of driving chains in accordance with the ISO/DIN, ANSI, GOST standards. The quality of used raw materials and the quality of the dimensions of chain production is ensured by the mandatory monitoring at every production stage with special testing equipment.
- Development of the DITTON Industrial and Technology Park with over 30,000 sqm of commercial, industrial and warehouse space.
1991 - 2000
After the restoration of independence of the Republic of Latvia, Daugavpils Driving Chain Factory passed in the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Industry of the Republic of Latvia.
During 1991 and 1995, there was an active search for new trading areas along with familiarization of technology new types of chains.
In 1994, Daugavpils Driving Chain Factory joined the Association of Mechanical Engineering and Metalworking Industries of Latvia.
The plant was awarded with four international prizes of the European Marketing Research Centre for success in the organization of the management and penetration into European market.
In 1995, in process of the privatization the factory became the public joint-stock company.
The manufacture of the main production of the Driving Chain Factory is concentrated in stamp, heat treatment, assembly shops and in the shop of automotive chains.
In 1982, the USSR Council of Ministers prized the plant for outstanding projects and their implementation.
In 1985, the Presidium of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Latvian SSR awarded the plant with the second place in the national contest - "Best Exporter of the Latvian SSR" (of the Latvian Soviet Socialist Republic).
1985-1990, there are implemented rotary conveyor lines.
In 1988, the Council of Ministers of the Latvian SSR granted Daugavpils Driving Chain Factory for the high quality of driving chains for the tricycle „Sparite” (in Latvian “Spārīte”).
The total volume of manufactured consumer goods in 1988 reached 80 million roubles according to retail trade prices. The range of goods produced by the plant included over 30 items. The main group consisted of such items as chains, pedals, pumps, bells, mirrors for bicycles and children’s bicycles.
1970 - 1980
During the 1970 and 1977, there were implemented construction works of new production premises at 17 Višķu Street. In 1971, there was released the first manufacturing output in new factory facilities, and namely 179 thousand meters of automotive chains.
In 1975, there were established the department for machine-tool design and technology bureau of machine-tool building. All manufacturing equipment, and namely 52 items and 600 samples (except of hotformers), was designed and build in the factory. There were patented 12 developments in total. At various times 16 factory workers were marked by awards of the Exhibition of Achievements of the National Economy (in Russian “VDNKh”) of the USSR.
On 5 August 1976 the plant changed it`s name to Daugavpils Driving Chain Factory (in Latvian - Daugavpils pievadķēžu rūpnīca).
All goods, which were subject to certification, have been certified for the State quality mark of the USSR. Products were supplied to the domestic and foreign markets. Importers were such countries as Belgium, Italy, Germany, Holland, Colombia, Brazil, Finland, Yugoslavia, Hungary and Yemen.
In 1978, there was established the shop for manufacturing of children`s tricycle „Sparite” (in Latvian “Spārīte”).
1960 - 1970
In 1964, there was started production of new driving chains and chains for agricultural and industrial facilities. Besides the new technological equipment was purchased from Germany and Czechoslovakia as well.
Pursuant to the resolution of USSR Government as of 4 April 1968, the Driving Chain Plant was included in a list of 34 manufacturers-suppliers of Volga Automobile Plant (now Avtovaz OJSC) enhancing in such way the long-term delivery of timing chains for conveyor lines of Volga Automobile Plant.
1949 - 1960
The government of the Soviet Union decided on 16 July 1949 to move Izhevsk motorcycle plant to Daugavpils. The plant Motovelocep (in Russian «Мотовелоцепь») was situated at 17 Dorozhnikov Street, nowadays this address is 1 Jelgavas Street. There was continued manufacture of driving chains for bicycles, motorcycles and industrial facilities.
Since the establishment of the factory, it is a member of Latvian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
During the 1959 and 1962, the new production building was constructed.